I come back to dA from a 5 month absence to find I have been tagged.
Haven't done one of these for a while, well here we go.
Tagged by Nomes
★. You must post these rules.
★. Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
★. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create 10 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
★. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
★. Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
★. No nonsense in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this."
★. You have to tag 10 people.
10 random things about me
1. I own 3 cats, Willow a ginger and white tabby and 2 black tabby siblings, Merlin and Lilla.
2. I have 3 tattoos and 2 piercings.
3. I love reading and sometimes even have several books on the go at once.
4. I tend to rearrange the furniture in my room every few months. I like change.
5. I love candles and incense burners. I buy both on a regular basis.
6. I own a replica of Sting. It glows blue when idiots are close.
7. I own 8 wigs, each one a different colour.
8. I have too many paintbrushes, I don't even use half of them.
9. I have a rather large collection of dragon figurines. 30+
10. I play too many video games and don't get on with enough cosplay making.
1. What's your most ingenious cosplay discovery?
Worbla. I'm only a beginner with the stuff but seeing what you can make with it is truly awe inspiring.
2. You kicked a puppy: why?
It was an accident!! D: It was running round my feet while I was walking!
3. What is your favourite material (fabric, glues, etc.)?
CARDBOARD!! I hoard the stuff, can make anything with it. And my glue gun, I would be lost without it.
4. How do you choose materials for a cosplay?
I look up a hell of a lot of reference pictures and have a good search around to see what will work best, figure what needs to be made like armour or just fabric.
5. How far in advance do you plan a cosplay?
I usually get ideas for new cosplays all the time so first I have to decide which ones to do and how much time I have until the next con I plan to attend. My current project has been in the planning since about mid December 2012 and I'm not wearing it until Oct 2013 but because I'm going to be using materials I've never used before I wanted to give myself plenty of time in case things go wrong and I need to try something else.
6. The character you want to cosplay is never shown from behind so you have no back references: What do you do?
See if anyone else has attempted the cosplay, see how they tackled the dilemma and maybe have a chat to them about it. Do a few concept ideas based on what the rest of the cosplay looks like, get other peoples opinions on them before the final making of.
7. Cosplay competions: Yay or Nay? Why?
I don't quite get the question, would I consider entering one? Yes but I think I would have to go on with a group or at least one other person because I get awful stage fright. I get really nervous and cant stand being stared at by so many people. Odd for a cosplayer I know. Do I like cosplay competitions? Yes, I really enjoy watching the Euro Cosplay comp at London Expo.
8. How did you start cosplaying?
It was my best friends doing, she attended some cosplay conventions and would tell me about them and I was really quite intrigued by the idea of making a costume and wearing it surrounded by people who are just as crazy as you are. I don't know what I would have done without it. I've met such amazing friends through it and matured so much as a person.
9. Who are you in the real world?
I work for 'The Co-operative' (The Co-op) in a food shop in Coventry. Real great bunch of people I work with, really understanding and rather quite interested in what I do with cosplay and stuff. My manager is always asking about future costumes and any progress. And they're always quite eager to see any photos of me. Been there nearly 2 years now, before that I did university for a year but dropped out due to reasons I'd rather not get into and before that was 2 years of Art and Design at College. I still live with my parents but I would like to move out at some point, its just being able to afford it. I have an older brother who lives down in Hampshire with his girlfriend. Urrmm I'm gonna shut up now, I'm rambling.
10.What does cosplay fame mean?
I like to think its people who are exceptional at what they do but instead of getting big headed and lost in the fame they take the time to help those of us that are just starting out. I really admire those that share their methods and are willing to stop and talk to you.
I'm gonna be boring now because I've been off dA for nearly half a year I don't actually talk to anyone on here anymore so I have no idea who to tag, plus I don't have time to think of 10 questions right now. I might do it later. I'm sorry. I know. I suck.